Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Volunteer letter 1

I was so excited to see a large majority of you at the kickoff for the school year. I am so encourage by they way God has provided you to love and serve the children of evbc. I can’t wait to see how God will grow us as teachers by spending time with the children. God knows exactly what we need and where we need to be stretched and He will bring in the specific children who will do that.
I have been praying that Children’s Ministry will be a front door to evbc. My prayer is that God will use you as a shepherd to the children who come through your classroom door. We are the face of evbc to the children and some of the parents who come on this campus. God has called you to love, care and shepherd the hearts of these children. I know this can sound like a large task, and it is when we do things in our own strength. I want to challenge you to trust God as you walk in to your classroom. I want you to be spiritually dependent on Him to make your class a success. Success is not when the class goes smoothly it is when you know that God was in control of your heart when you were spending time with these kids. The greatest thing we can do as teachers is to come spiritually prepared. Spend time with your savior and be on your face in prayer for your own life, family, church, and your classroom. You will find great benefit in trusting God with your class and not trying to do things on your own.
I am so grateful for this ministry. God has blessed me tremendously in the last seven months. I have learned so much about what these children need. The need to hear the Gospel , and that most likely will not come from your lesson but from your life and actions towards them. I am asking God to do great things and make our volunteer staff a group of people who love God more than anything else in our lives, and in return our lives will be a place where love overflows for others.
I am praying for you and thankful to God for the gift He has provided to our church in you.

No comments: