Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Volunteer letter 3

What a wonderful first two months we have had. We have had so many great things happening it is truly God at work. I have been blessed to grow in relationship with you. I feel that God continues to grow our volunteer staff in like-mindedness. As I have had many chances to speak with some of you it is clear there is a thread of similarity. You have a goal of seeing Jesus made alive to these children. Your desire for the children in your classes to hear and know the gospel is infectious. As we continue to keep the main thing the main thing (the gospel), my prayer is that God would use this to awake this church for more of His purposes. As the children in our classrooms grab hold of the gospel in their lives it will spill over into their home lives and affect their families.
God has called us to speak boldly the truth of scripture. I pray that God will give you wisdom and confidence as you proclaim the God of scripture with passion and excitement. When we are passionate in our teaching and in our relationships with the children in our rooms it will allow them to see real people living out love for Jesus. It is easy for me to say that when I see you with your children, it is clear that you are doing this because of your love for Jesus not out of duty.
Continue to fight the fight. Pour out your heart in prayer for your class, ask God to use you. When we are in full dependency on the Holy Spirit it will radically change our time with these children. I am continuing to pray for you. My heart longs for us to see radical love for Jesus from the children on our campus. I am grateful for you. God has blessed me over and over in this first year of being in children’s ministry. I continue to see people and families who are committed to seeing the gospel go forth to the next generation. There is nothing greater than proclaiming Jesus to all who will hear. Enjoy the mission field God has placed you in ever Sunday.

No comments: