Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All is calm all is bright.

Silent Night has always been a beautiful Christmas song with so much more to offer than just Christmas. I get so excited to hear the wonderful pictures of Jesus, holy infant. Holy infant can never be said of any other child. At the moment He was conceived by the Holy Spirit He was holy infant, then holy toddler and holy tween and holy teen then holy twenty something. Jesus is God and has always been. All is calm and all is bright. I cannot imagine this phrase speaking of that night but of the redemption that the holy infant brings. So much commotion with what it means to have a newborn, to be in a stable. This in my mind was not a calm moment but one with much hustle by Joseph to help his wife and to comfort a crying child. The promise of a messiah brings calm, the joy of a savior makes the world bright. I am in awe of our God who would do this for us. To know that a holy infant was the perfect redeeming love. Praise God that all is calm and all is bright.

1 comment:

Sizzledowski said...

I didn't know you had a blog. You've been added to my google reader. :)