Monday, December 1, 2008

God with us.

Last night during communion one of our pastors gave us the phrase "God with us" to reflect on. This phrase comes from the Christmas story. The direct part is from the angel talking and telling that Mary will have a son and His name shall be called Emanuel, which means God with us. When I began reflecting on that phrase I was caught by the fact that Jesus came as a baby and began the process of redemption in the most humble means. When I think about the fact that God is with us, it is very humbling. Jesus came and lived the perfect life I could not live and the death I could not die, He was with us in physical body. In the midst of explaining His death to the disciples He said that if He did not go then the comforter the Holy Spirit could not come, which Jesus said was better. The God of the universe in human form said that what was coming was better. You and I as believers have what Jesus said is better. The question I asked my self was, do I live in such away that would reflect that God is with me? Would others know that I have the Holy Spirit? As Christians we sometimes think that having Jesus with the us every day would makes us more spiritual or more devoted in our lives, but Jesus said what we have now is better. Do you live like that? Do we live like we have the best? What will we do with the fact that God is with us?

No comments: