Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Memories

I was having a conversation with my wife a week ago and we were reminiscing about our favorite Christmas memories. What struck me that night was something new. All of my Christmas memories were connected to family and relationships. I could remember some of the gifts I had received, but all of my greatest memories were tied to people. What has amazed me when I think about this is that this is the way it was supposed to be. I began thinking about Jesus coming to earth. He came for us. He came to redeem a people for Himself. His purposes were relational, He gave Himself. The one relationship you and I know we long for more than any other came on Christmas. God came to us, Isaiah the prophet said that His name would be Immanuel which means God with us. God came for his people and we get Him in a deep intimate relationship.

I challenge you to sit quietly and remember your favorite Christmas memories. As you remember those relationships, think about the greatest relationship we can experience because we have God with us. Jesus came and now it can all be made right. We can be released from the bondage of sin. We are His because He came for us. Praise be to our God that He does not quit and His relationship is so unbelievable. This Christmas season can be more relational than ever when you cherish the family and friends you have in light of how God has loved you and called you to love those around you.

No comments: